Sunday, January 25, 2009

welcome to spring semester!

Hello! I hope that you've enjoyed a pleasant, long winter break, despite the long, cold days. I'm excited to be back in the classroom, and I'm really excited about my classes: English 101: Composition, English 102: Composition, and English 278: Multi-Cultural Literature in America. 

I'm also excited about a few campus-wide events:

February 4 and 5: National Teach-In on Climate Change Issues
This evening (Feb. 4) and day long (Feb. 5) event will bring everyone on campus together to explore the issues facing our environment from a variety of perspectives. Grab a cup of free coffee (bring your own mug to really be green) and settle in for some awesome presentations. 

April 1: Poetry Day
UW-Manitowoc celebrates National Poetry Month with a day long infusion of poetry. The day will include open-mike time to share poetry, a viral poetry initiative, and a workshop and reading by acclaimed poet Chuck Rybak. 

I look forward to spending this semester with you!

No comments: