Tuesday, March 11, 2008

esfy conference a success!

My presentation went well on Saturday despite a few technical glitches, but luckily my super savvy colleagues at our other campuses were there to save the day. We had a fun and insightful conversation about blogging in the college classroom, the comment problem (why, oh why don't people post comments on our lovely entries), and the possibilities of podcasting. And, I had a chance to chat with some of my English Dept. colleagues at other campuses and discover a simpatico spirit.

The ride was long-ish but flew by as my colleague and good friend Becky and I brainstormed "scathingly brilliant" ideas the whole way, watched for amusing signage ("bacons" and brett favre's #4 steakhouse among the delights), and stopped for delicious "exotic" foods.

One of the sessions covered multigenre writing, something I hadn't been exposed to before but am intrigued by the possibilities. Imagine writing a lit response paper in multiple genres, obeying the dictates of each genre yet making everything achieve that elusive state of "flow." Well, that will be an adventure for sure.

No comments: